Friday 9 May 2014

#ABlogADayInMay 3rd


HOW MY CITY INSPIRES ME 
By: Christina Madeleine (This Fashion Girl)


Hey everyone! I was invited by the amazing owner of this blog to do a guest post. The city I live in is featured in many films, magazines, newspapers, and television shows. This city is one of the few fashion capitals of the world. Have you guessed it yet? New York! As I have been growing up, I have been exposed to many different fashion trends. But now, since I have developed a love for fashion and makeup I take advantage of these trends.

New York isn’t all just big buildings and unfriendly people. There are many different places to go to in New York such as Chelsea, Soho, Brooklyn, Upper East Side, and so many more. One thing I love about New York is that everyone has their own style. When I take the subway I see people with hair of all shades wearing outfits I wouldn’t even think of wearing. This is where I get some of inspiration from, the atmosphere around me.

One of the things I like about where I live is the scenery. I have taken photos all over New York to display my outfits and the scenery on my blog. Here are some pictures I took on my little adventures:



If you are a fan of the show Gossip Girl, you might recognize the steps as the steps that Blair and her posse sat on in seasons 1 and 2. If not, these are also the steps of the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The school I attend is near this amazing museum so I never miss the opportunity to take pictures of this area. Many people don’t realize that the area they are in, everyday, can be one of the most beautiful.
In the picture on the right, there are streets throughout New York that are not completely paved, so they have cobblestones instead. I love these type of streets because it gives this vintage look to the street. These streets have been around since late 1800s and early 1900s. I personally love taking photos on these streets because it is perfect for scenery.

There are places throughout my area that people don’t think would be in New York. I get some inspiration for blogposts by walking around Manhattan (New York City) and some of the outside areas. I love showing my readers the places that aren’t seen on film.

I get a lot of fashion inspiration from many places such as celebrities, magazines and youtube, but I like going into stores to see what is “in style”. My favorite places to do this is in Soho and Chelsea, New York. In Soho there are long streets filled with store after store like Topshop, Hollister, H&M, Forever 21, American Apparel, Scoop, MAC, Sephora, and Brandy Melville. Recently, I went to Soho for a shopping spree. When I went to American Apparel I didn’t know what to get, so I asked one of the workers there. She went around the store and gave me all these different outfits to try on and told me

In the area of Manhattan called Chelsea, there is so much inspiration there. I love going to Chelsea because of the amazing High Line which is a park that is above the streets. There is the famous Chelsea Market which has food, drinks, stores for different needs, and stores that come for sales once in awhile. I partially grew up in this area so I have learned to love it there. The stores I like to go to there are Urban Outfitters, Sephora, LUSH, and a flea market (you don’t know what you could find!).

I love living in New York. It gives me fashion and blogpost inspiration. Hope you all liked where I get my inspiration from. Where do you get your inspiration from?


Name: Christina Madeleine
Blog Name: This Fashion Girl Blog: http://thisfashiongirl.blogspot.com
Age: 14
Twitter: @thisfashiongirl (Christina Madeleine)
Instagram: @chriistinamariie Bloglovin: https://www.bloglovin.com/thisfashiongirl 
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/thisfashiongirl/

No comments:

Post a Comment